Unable to setup win95/98 default gateway IP

1 view

bob lin

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98
We are running nt 4 server and win95/98 workstations with DHCP service.
We just have a T1 line connecting to the Internet, but no one can
connect to the Internet. When we tested, no workstation can ping outside
IP address except NT server. When typing winipcfg, we found all
workstations have not default gateway IP (default gateway is blank). If
we specify an IP address manually, the workstation works (can have
default gateway and ping outside IP address).

Our router IP is x.x.x1, and NT DHCP server IP is x.x.x.7, Subnet Mask
255.255.255.128, default gateway x.x.x.1 (same as router IP). Can some
one tell me what's wrong with the setup?

bl...@mcs.net

Robert Moir

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98
have you actually gone into the DHCP server service configuration and added
the gateway there? that controls what gateway DHCP clients will see.

Robert Moir, Microsoft MVP
My Homepage - members.xoom.com/Robert_Moir
=@==@==@==@==@==@==@==@==@==@==@==@==@==@==@==@=

bob lin

Dec 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/27/98
to Robert Moir
Thank you , Robert. I have added default gateway under DHCP protocol, but could
not add Default Gateway into DHCP server under Services. If I try it, I get
"Cannot configure the software component".

Happy Holiday!

bob

bob lin

Dec 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/27/98
to Robert Moir

bob lin

Dec 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/27/98
to Robert Moir

bob lin

Dec 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/27/98
to Robert Moir

bob lin

Dec 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/27/98

Matthew Miller

Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99
You set this up in the scope options, and in here it's actually called Router
(instead of gateway). you'll have to stop and restart the scope, then get your
machines to release their configuration for this to show op
matt.vcf