"Send To" on Context Menu Disappeared?????

1 view

Karine Ackerman

Jun 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/14/98

The "Send To" option on my Context or Right Click menu has disappeared. How
do I get it back?

--

Thanks,
Karine

George H. Wolff

Jun 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/14/98

Karine: Go to
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/contents/PowerToys/W95SendToX/de
fault.asp
(the above should be 1 line beginning with http and ending with asp)
and download Send to X. Be sure to follow the download and installations
instructions.
George

Karine Ackerman <yo...@axtek.com> wrote in article
<#fKOcX7l...@uppssnewspub05.moswest.msn.net>...

Carlos

Jun 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/14/98

Try going to C:\windows\system\shellext\sendtox.inf, right click and choose install.

--
Carlos _. ...._ ._ _.._ ._.

Interested in communicating with the world without
using an archaic phone line ? Try Amateur Radio.
You can start here> http://www.arrl.org/
http://www.rac.ca/

Brian A. Walsh

Jun 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/14/98

Karine,

The same thing happened to me the other day. When you right click
on the desktop is the New option listed either? Did you try doing and
update to IE4.01 and it said there was an error during installation? That
is when it happened to me. To correct the problem I just downloaded the
regular installation of IE instead of going through the update option. It
installs right over top of the current installation without any problems.
Microsoft is having problems with the update options with some people. I'm
not sure what the problem is. Anyway I hope that helps.

Brian