how to draw my own style of window

davidshen

Mar 11, 2007, 1:24:00 AM3/11/07
how to use WM_NCPAINT and functions like DrawCaption(...) to draw my own
style of window?
i use WIN32 API, not MFC
and could someone give some suggestions about the books i should read on
this topic

James Brown

Mar 12, 2007, 7:11:36 PM3/12/07
"davidshen" <davi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

In general you cannot do this anymore because of the new 'Vista glass' DWM
api.

--
James Brown
Microsoft MVP - Windows SDK

davidshen

Mar 18, 2007, 7:27:00 AM3/18/07
well, i am still using the XP system. i dont know anything about the 'Vista
glass', what's that ? is it like the WPF ?

Ben Voigt

Mar 21, 2007, 11:24:01 AM3/21/07

"James Brown" <em...@viahomepage.com> wrote in message

> "davidshen" <davi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> how to use WM_NCPAINT and functions like DrawCaption(...) to draw my
>> own
>> style of window?
>> i use WIN32 API, not MFC
>> and could someone give some suggestions about the books i should read on
>> this topic
>
> In general you cannot do this anymore because of the new 'Vista glass' DWM
> api.

That won't prevent you from removing the decorations and drawing custom
decorations inside the client area (and make a child window to represent the
"real" client area), right?

davidshen

Mar 22, 2007, 9:15:28 AM3/22/07
what you mean ?