LoadTypeLibrary from Memory

Jamie Newton

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
I have a program which generates binary type libraries from object
definitions which reside in our propriety database. I want to store those
binary type files as streams within my database and allow LoadTypeLib to
access these. The documentation says that LoadTypeLib can be used to load
type information from memory via a file moniker. I've read the moniker
documentation but am at a loss on how to achive the functionality I require.
Any hints or ideas would be greatly appreciated. (BTW, I've already searched
the archives)

Clemens F. Vasters

Feb 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/1/99
Jamie Newton schrieb in Nachricht ...

Hmmm.... how about creating a pointer moniker (CreatePointerMoniker) to your
data, get its display name and throw that at LoadTypeLib ?

Clemens F. Vasters
Enterprise Systems Architect
clem...@frogpond.org
Some ODBC, COM/DCOM tips at: