Using IProvisioningProfileWireless instead of WZCSAPI

Tom Rixom

Aug 13, 2004, 3:59:01 AM8/13/04
Hello,

I have managed to use the IProvisioningProfileWireless interface to write
configuration data back to the WZC. However currently the interface offer
limited functionality compared to the WCSAPI.

I have used the undocumented (on XP) WZCSAPI without any problems for
Windows 2000/XP/XPSP0/XPSP1. This was based on different WZCSAPI.h
header files.

Now that SP2 is the WZCSAPI has changed and I require the new WZCSAPI.h to
get it to work. As I cannot find the new header file anywhere I tried using
this new
IProvisioningProfileWireless interface but as I said before it does not
offer the
functionality I need at this moment.

I guess the IProvisioningProfileWireless interface will replace the WCZSAPI
but my question is:

Will the IProvisioningProfileWireless ever offer the same functionality as
the WZCSAPI and if so when will this be released? Or would it be possible to
obtain
the WZCSAPI.h for Windows XP SP2.

Thanks,

Tom Rixom

Jeroen van Bemmel

Aug 19, 2004, 3:34:46 PM8/19/04
FYI - Thought you might be interested. Now if only they could make this API
useful...

Aug 26, 2004, 6:23:03 AM8/26/04
Hi Jeroen,

Thanks, but as you mentioned this is not usefull... yet :(

btw. I have got a little further using the WZCSAPI. Found a new WZCSAPI header
file which seems to work (sort of) with SP2.

But it seems they have changed the way the use the prefered list...

Have you gotten any further with the WZCSAPI in SP2?

Regards,

Tom Rixom

Carl

Oct 29, 2004, 6:04:07 PM10/29/04
SO have you gotten the API to work, I can add entries to the prefered list
using the the WPSDDK on SP2 but I have not been able to delete an entry or
clear all the entries, which I can using the windows CE headers and SP1.

Arkady Frenkel

Oct 29, 2004, 7:26:04 PM10/29/04
MSFT changed the structs in Sp2 and now they not the same as in Sp1 , look
at
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&threadm=OLEcvYuuEHA.2200%
40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3DWZC%2B%2Barkadyf%26hl%3Den%
26lr%3D%26c2coff%3D1%26sa%3DN%26scoring%3Dd
( aware of wrap )
Arkady

"Carl" <Ca...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Bernhard

Oct 30, 2004, 5:49:46 AM10/30/04
I'm using c# to access the WPS. Unfortunatly i have exactly the same
problem - how can i delete or change profiles?

Thanks,
Berni

"Carl" <Ca...@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> [...]

Bernhard

Oct 30, 2004, 7:28:27 AM10/30/04

I "dirty" way to remove the profiles is this:
You have to stop the WZC service, than remove the registry values and start
the WZC service again.

It works well but a "DeleteProfile" method would be much cleaner :)

--------------

ServiceController wzcsvc=new ServiceController("WZCSVC",".");

// stop the WZCSVC
if (wzcsvc.Status==ServiceControllerStatus.Running)
{
wzcsvc.Stop();
wzcsvc.WaitForStatus(ServiceControllerStatus.Stopped,TimeSpan.FromMilliseconds(5000));
}

// remove all settings
string
key=@"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WZCSVC\Parameters\Interfaces\"+this.adapterGuid.ToString("B");

RegistryKey rk=Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey(key,true);

foreach(string name in rk.GetValueNames())
if (name.StartsWith("Static"))
rk.DeleteValue(name);

rk.Close();

// start the WZCSVC
if (wzcsvc.Status==ServiceControllerStatus.Stopped)
{
wzcsvc.Start();
wzcsvc.WaitForStatus(ServiceControllerStatus.Running,TimeSpan.FromMilliseconds(5000));
}

"Bernhard" <ne...@berni.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Arkady Frenkel

Oct 30, 2004, 12:34:14 PM10/30/04
Sure, that would be nice but even in new ( for XPSP2 ) WPSDDK possible to
create profile but not delete
Arkady

"Bernhard" <ne...@berni.net> wrote in message

Carl

Nov 1, 2004, 10:31:02 AM11/1/04

Thanks for all the replies, I do agree that it would be much better if MS
would just release an API for all this but at the same time they are trying
to be more security aware.

thanks Carl