LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'TEMPFILE'

Joachim

Jan 26, 2007, 12:44:02 AM1/26/07
I get this error when I try to compile the UPnP example win Windows Server
2003 R2 SDK with the given makefile. I have VSC++6 installed, Windows Server
2003 R2 SDK, and Windows Vista SDK installed.
Here is the output from the nmake command:

link /DEBUG /DEBUGTYPE:cv /MACHINE:i386 /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO
-entry:_DllMainCRTStartup@12 -dll ole32.lib uuid.lib oleaut32.lib
kernel32.lib ws2_32.lib mswsock.lib advapi32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib
comdlg32.lib winspool.lib -out:XP32_DEBUG\UPNPSampleDimmerDevice.dll
/def:DeviceDll.def XP32_DEBUG\UPNPSampleDimmerDevice.res
XP32_DEBUG\devicedll.obj XP32_DEBUG\dimmerdevicedco.obj
XP32_DEBUG\dimmerservice.obj /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO -subsystem:console,5.01
rpcrt4.lib
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'TEMPFILE'

The temp variable is set and the folder exists, but there is no file called
TEMPFILE in that folder. Seems like the makefile doesn't create that file -
but I'm probably doing something wrong since the sample should work...

Arkady Frenkel

Jan 26, 2007, 4:19:17 AM1/26/07
Maybe that because PSDK you mentioned have no support for VS 6.0
check section
System Requirements-> Development Tools
on
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0BAF2B35-C656-4969-ACE8-E4C0C0716ADB&displaylang=en

Arkady

"Joachim" <Joa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Arkady Frenkel

Jan 26, 2007, 4:37:42 AM1/26/07
BTW UPnP questions you can ask on
microsoft.public.upnp NG where Henry Rawas ( UPnP developer lead ) answer
for the MS UPnP stack questions

Arkady

"Arkady Frenkel" <ark...@hotmailxdotx.com> wrote in message

Joachim

Jan 26, 2007, 3:32:02 PM1/26/07
Ok. Then it is not good that the upnp sample readme.txt file describes how to
create and build the sample in VC++6 then... :(

Joachim

Jan 26, 2007, 3:55:01 PM1/26/07
Ok. Thanks.
Hmm... I cannot find the microsoft.public.upnp newsgroup or any other UPnP
related newsgroup in the list to the left (using IE7 on Win XP Pro). How can
I get to it with my browser?
Regards,
Joachim

Joachim

Jan 26, 2007, 4:16:01 PM1/26/07

Arkady Frenkel

Jan 27, 2007, 4:32:22 AM1/27/07
Good, but IMHO OE give you much more user-friedly interface to work with
newgroups
Arkady

"Joachim" <Joa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

john

Oct 15, 2008, 1:01:52 PM10/15/08
I was installing 3D Slicer in CygWin running on Windows Vista using the Windows cl compiler, and I got the same LINK: fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
'TEMPFILE'.

I shut off the User Account Control feature on Windows Vista (as well as my Kaspersky antivirus software) by:

> CONTROL PANEL
> > USER ACCOUNT
> > > TURN USER ACCOUNT CONTROL ON OFF

and the Windows cl compiler compiled the 3D Slicer source files successfully.

john

Oct 15, 2008, 1:09:04 PM10/15/08
You can shut off the User Account Control in Vista by
clicking CONTROL PANEL, then USER ACCOUNT,
then TURN USER ACCOUNT CONTROL ON OFF,
then DISABLE UAC,
and finally restart your operating system.
This will prevent the "Cannot open 'TEMPFILE'"
link error when compiling a program in Vista.