How to set the socket Readabilty status?

Message has been deleted

Cyb...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2008, 3:53:31 PM6/4/08
I need to modify a socket readability status.
I know if it is readable with the Select() function, but how i can set
it?

Volodymyr M. Shcherbyna

Jun 4, 2008, 5:07:58 PM6/4/08
With your original design: intercept the WSPSelect and fake the read fds so
that the function will call WSPRecieve.

--
V.
rights.
<Cyb...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Cyb...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2008, 3:04:05 AM6/5/08
On 4 Giu, 23:07, "Volodymyr M. Shcherbyna"

<v_scherb...@online.mvps.org> wrote:
> With your original design: intercept the WSPSelect and fake the read fds so
> that the function will call WSPRecieve.
>
> --
> V.
> rights.<Cybe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I need to modify a socket readability status.
> > I know if it is readable with the Select() function, but how i can set
> > it?

I've already thinked it. There isn't any other way?

Volodymyr M. Shcherbyna

Jun 5, 2008, 3:31:10 AM6/5/08
Yes, of course. Do a legal LSP and do not struggle with undocumented
solutions.

--
V.
rights.

<Cyb...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Cyb...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2008, 3:46:08 AM6/5/08
On 5 Giu, 09:31, "Volodymyr M. Shcherbyna"

<v_scherb...@online.mvps.org> wrote:
> Yes, of course. Do a legal LSP and do not struggle with undocumented
> solutions.
>
> --
> V.
> rights.<Cybe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On 4 Giu, 23:07, "Volodymyr M. Shcherbyna"
> > <v_scherb...@online.mvps.org> wrote:
> >> With your original design: intercept the WSPSelect and fake the read fds
> >> so
> >> that the function will call WSPRecieve.
>
> >> --
> >> V.
> >> rights.<Cybe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I've already thinked it. There isn't any other way?

There is any other way to intercept a send and redirect to another
page??
If yes please tell me, so i'll not struggle.

Volodymyr M. Shcherbyna

Jun 5, 2008, 4:00:23 AM6/5/08
Still need another solution different from LSP?

If you just need a redirection to another page, I would start from writing a
BHO for IE that tracks BeforeNavigate event, and just redirects the page
basing on some rules. But this works only for IE. However, you can see
Firefox plugins specifications to see if this is possible.

If you need something multi broweser you need to do LSP.

--
V.
rights.

<Cyb...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Cyb...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2008, 4:39:23 AM6/5/08
On 5 Giu, 10:00, "Volodymyr M. Shcherbyna"

<v_scherb...@online.mvps.org> wrote:
> Still need another solution different from LSP?
>
> If you just need a redirection to another page, I would start from writing a
> BHO for IE that tracks BeforeNavigate event, and just redirects the page
> basing on some rules. But this works only for IE. However, you can see
> Firefox plugins specifications to see if this is possible.
>
> If you need something multi broweser you need to do LSP.
> --
> V.

And to do what i want to do there is only a way? Intercept the
WSPSelect? Or there way to set directly the socket readable?

Volodymyr M. Shcherbyna

Jun 5, 2008, 5:15:21 AM6/5/08
Let me again explain all possible variants in general.

As far as I understood, you are going to redirect all browesers into
different urls on a system. This can be accomplished using following
methods:

1. Writing extension plugins for browersers (BHO for IE and probably some
other plugins for Firefox, Opera and others). Pluses: simple. Minuses: you
have to write each plugin for browser.

2. Writing an LSP. Pluses: User Mode; you cover many applications by just
one lsp. Minuses: need to parse protocol; if bug happens, all system is
unstable.

3. Writing TDI filters which handles TDI_CONNECT and simply change the IP
and Port in parameters structure for IRP. Pluses: easy to do. Minuses:
kernel mode, deprication of TDI, would not work in Vista because the network
stack is different, so changing the params of IRP does not make any effect

4. Hooking functions for a specified application. Pluses: user mode, less
implementation time. Minuses: unodocumented approach, need to analyze the
import table of executable, need to hook multiple functions (recv, wsarecv,
wsprecv), no garantee that this method will be working fine, because the
binary of application can be changed, and the "ambient" might change as
well, this can bring some hidden bugs.

If you follow the suggestion number 4, you can choose whatever dirty method
to force FireFox to think that there is data, at any case this solution is
unrelyable once you started to hook functions.

--
V.
rights.

<Cyb...@gmail.com> wrote in message

David Schwartz

Jun 5, 2008, 5:57:51 AM6/5/08

Your question doesn't make any sense. What are you actually trying to
do? Why do you think you want to set a socket's readability?

DS

Volodymyr M. Shcherbyna

Jun 5, 2008, 6:08:55 AM6/5/08
This conversation is activly discussing at
microsoft.public.win32.programmer.networks

Suggestion to author of thread: do not multipost.

--
V.
rights.

"David Schwartz" <dav...@webmaster.com> wrote in message