OT: regarding George George

Brian Muth

Jan 28, 2008, 1:03:12 PM1/28/08
Just for the benefit of those people posting on this newsgroup, you may notice that "George George" never replies to his postings
here. He simply doesn't read them.

He normally posts to microsoft.public.vc.language as "George". He claims he is unaware that his postings somehow are duplicated
within this newsgroup. I've suggested to him directly that he change his newreader, but I think he is disinclined to do so.

I thought it worthwhile pointing this out, since I know there are experts here who have gone to a lot of trouble answering these
questions that get posted.

I'm not exactly sure why this is happening; indeed this may be no fault of George whatsoever. Perhaps, Ivan Brugiolo [MSFT] or one
of the Microsoft experts monitoring this newsgroup might want to contact George directly to see if they can rectify this problem.

Brian Muth (MVP C++)

Arnie

Jan 28, 2008, 3:22:51 PM1/28/08
"Brian Muth" <bm...@mvps.org> wrote in message

You're very kind. I currently just filter him out.

- Arnie

Volodymyr Shcherbyna

Jan 29, 2008, 4:31:50 AM1/29/08
Yes, this sounds like a true, because I never saw he continues conversation
after posting first message.

rights.

Ondrej Spanel

Jan 29, 2008, 4:40:46 AM1/29/08
Brian Muth napsal(a):

> Just for the benefit of those people posting on this newsgroup, you may
> notice that "George George" never replies to his postings here. He
> simply doesn't read them.
>
> He normally posts to microsoft.public.vc.language as "George". He claims
> he is unaware that his postings somehow are duplicated within this
> newsgroup. I've suggested to him directly that he change his newreader,
> but I think he is disinclined to do so.

Sometimes he also posts here as George. In such case, his post is
duplicated here as George George as well.

It seems to me the dupe posts are generated by some automated means
which George is probably unaware of?

One such case attached below
Ondrej

------ Duplicated post headers:

From: George George
Subject: monitor page fault
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 02:24:31 -0800

------ Original post headers:
hread-Topic: monitor page fault
thread-index: AchXYL6Nz7DiIbI3TgO/oOylZVIbow==
From: =?Utf-8?B?R2Vvcmdl?= <Geo...@discussions.microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 02:24:00 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel

Kerem Gümrükcü

Jan 29, 2008, 5:52:06 AM1/29/08
I think i know what "George" is: He is a new AI Machine,
build to generate C++ Questions and we are the "Guinea Pig",...

Sometimes he asks really strange things,...so i asume that there
are still a certain weaknesses in the design and because he
doesn't reply to any answers i think the designers must
work still on its social intelligence feedback implementation,...

I am just kidding,...:-D

Why does he not answer, even when we talk to him and explain
and give him all the answers to his questions?

Regards

K.

--
-----------------------
Beste Grüsse / Best regards / Votre bien devoue

David Craig

Jan 29, 2008, 12:15:24 PM1/29/08
Maybe it is an advertising gimmick? He always has that 'tagline' that tries
to get you to visit his web site. Maybe it is to sell you something or
infect you with some viral content.

"Kerem Gümrükcü" <kare...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Pavel A.

Jan 29, 2008, 1:28:28 PM1/29/08
"David Craig" <dri...@nowhere.us> wrote in message news:OSBSJqpY...@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

> Maybe it is an advertising gimmick? He always has that 'tagline' that tries to get you to visit his web site. Maybe it is to
> sell you something or infect you with some viral content.

No, this site is just the eggheadcafe.com - a .net place.
FWIW, his posts _in this NG_ come from:

Regards,
--PA

Volodymyr Shcherbyna

Jan 29, 2008, 4:04:17 PM1/29/08

And the host is about guy who is MVP :))

--
V.

rights.

"Pavel A." <pav...@NOwritemeNO.com> wrote in message

Brian Muth

Jan 29, 2008, 4:13:36 PM1/29/08
It gets more intriguing.

There is a Robbe Morris associated with www.eggheadcafe.com! (http://www.eggheadcafe.com/robbemorris.htm)

??????

Brian

George

Jan 30, 2008, 3:07:05 AM1/30/08
Hi Brian and others,

Sorry for inconvenience. I accept that I post a few questions here, but not
all. I do not know why some question I posted on other forums, like
vc.language automatically replicated here and there.

For the working set related memory and performance question, I do post here.
Others unrelated to Windows specific internal things, it should be system
posted here I think.

regards,
George

George

Jan 30, 2008, 3:09:01 AM1/30/08
Hi Brian,

I know nothing about this site and this person to my surprise. I almost have
no experience on C#...

regards,
George

Volodymyr Shcherbyna

Jan 30, 2008, 3:37:41 AM1/30/08
So I suggest you to use OE (Outlook Express), and msnews.microsoft.com NNTP
server. This for sure will fix the problem with multiposts, because I see
your posts in this NG again.

rights.

"George" <Geo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> [...]

Ondrej Spanel

Jan 30, 2008, 7:27:40 AM1/30/08
> all. I do not know why some question I posted on other forums, like
> vc.language automatically replicated here and there.

George,

what means (what newsclient) do you use to post topics in the
newsgroups? Do you use some
web interface? If yes, which one? If you are using a standalone client,
which one?

Your posts say your NNTP client is:

... I have no idea what this could be.

Regards
Ondrej

Brian Muth

Jan 30, 2008, 12:36:49 PM1/30/08
I agree with Volodymyr, George. This must be a side-effect of your newsreader. What are you using to post to the newsgroups?

Brian

Ivan Brugiolo [MSFT]

Jan 30, 2008, 4:06:44 PM1/30/08
It's a COM component shipped in Win2000 to automate
sending of SMTP and NNTP messages/post.
This tends to flavor the idea that this is a BOT that is maybe
trying to reverse-enginner the ranking of posts in NNTP servers
by author or by answers.

Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

"Brian Muth" <bm...@mvps.org> wrote in message

Brian Muth

Jan 30, 2008, 4:41:30 PM1/30/08
This is beginning to make sense... the SMTP server is adding the signature www.eggheadcafe.com, so presumably the BOT is hitting the
NNTP or SMTP service there.

I'll try to get some email out to Robbe Morris. He needs to scan his machine.

Brian

Kerem Gümrükcü

Jan 31, 2008, 12:13:38 AM1/31/08
>This is beginning to make sense...

Yes now it does,...

Strange things happen here,...and i thought he was a bot.
No, its alive, its alive,...;-)