Active IME

Moses Zhao

Sep 14, 2002, 5:06:48 AM9/14/02
Hi All,

Currently I'm working in an English XP environment where I've got the
Japanese IME installed.
Is there any way of finding out if the current active IME (the one displayed
in the task bar) whether it supports IME editing. For example like "EN"
doesn't and I need this status.

Thanks,

moses

Michael (michka) Kaplan [MS]

Sep 14, 2002, 5:25:56 AM9/14/02
Hello Moses,

All IME's have a 0xE000000 prefix in front of them when you look at the HKL
value. You can easily use the GetKeyboardLayout API to retrieve the active
keyboard layout and test for whether it has such a prefix in the HKL.

--
MichKa

This posting is provided "AS IS" with
no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Moses Zhao" <zhao_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Moses Zhao

Sep 17, 2002, 7:12:20 PM9/17/02
Thanks it worked.

"Michael (michka) Kaplan [MS]" <mic...@online.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:#eogWC9WCHA.1704@tkmsftngp10...

Jan Opitz

Sep 18, 2002, 7:37:09 AM9/18/02
If you are using VB, could you please tell me, h o w you checked for the
the active IME (and if you tried, if it worked for other OS (98)).

Tanky you, Jan

Michael (michka) Kaplan [MS]

Sep 18, 2002, 11:24:16 AM9/18/02
This would not be the Active IME (which is possible to get working via VB
but quite difficult and improbable in practice).

--
MichKa

This posting is provided "AS IS" with
no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Jan Opitz" <nex...@SPAMgmx.de> wrote in message

Moses Zhao

Sep 19, 2002, 9:15:11 PM9/19/02
Hi Jan,

Not using VB but it should work something like the following...
Make a declartion of the ImmIsIme() and the GetKeyboardLayout()
WinAPI, and then make a call like...

ImmIsIme( GetKeyboardLayout() ) which returns a true/false

Hope this helps.

moses

"Michael (michka) Kaplan [MS]" <mic...@online.microsoft.com> wrote in

message news:u0TuTdyXCHA.952@tkmsftngp12...