GDI+ 1.1

Reuven Nisser

May 9, 2007, 5:24:26 AM5/9/07
Hello,
The documentation contains an Image function named ConvertFormat().
I can not find any reference for it in the Platform SDK. I also can not
find the raw function in GDIPLUS.DLL
I made a disk search and found GDIPLUS.DLL version 6 which comes with
Office 11.
Where do I download GDI+ latest version? Latest SDK?
How do I redistribute it with my application? Where should it go so that
my GDIPLUS.DLL will be used and not the one which comes with the system?
Thanks, Reuven

Michael Phillips, Jr.

May 9, 2007, 11:11:45 AM5/9/07
> Where do I download GDI+ latest version?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6A63AB9C-DF12-4D41-933C-BE590FEAA05A&displaylang=en
The latest is version 1.0. It is already present on Windows XP and Windows
Server 2003
Version 1.1 in only distributed with Windows VISTA.
> Latest SDK?
Download the Windows SDK for VISTA.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C2B1E300-F358-4523-B479-F53D234CDCCF&displaylang=en

> How do I redistribute it with my application? Where should it go so that
> my GDIPLUS.DLL will be used and not the one which comes with the system?
Your legally redistributable gdiplus may be put in the same directory as
your application. You must read the MSDN documentation regarding the
side-by-side mechanism so that your redistributable will work with your
application.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6A63AB9C-DF12-4D41-933C-BE590FEAA05A&displaylang=en

> The documentation contains an Image function named ConvertFormat().
> I can not find any reference for it in the Platform SDK. I also can not
> find the raw function in GDIPLUS.DLL
The MSDN documentation contains the information that you need. The function
is only exported in the gdiplus.dll distributed with Office 2003 on up and
Windows VISTA. The import library with the VISTA SDK cannot be used with
the version distributed with Office 2003 on up. The version that comes with
Office is not redistributable!

"Reuven Nisser" <rni...@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message

Reuven Nisser

May 9, 2007, 12:01:20 PM5/9/07
Hi Michael,
I did not understand the side-by-side concept. How to ensure the
application is using GDI+ shipped with the application?
Thanks, Reuven

Michael Phillips, Jr.

May 9, 2007, 1:15:10 PM5/9/07

> I did not understand the side-by-side concept. How to ensure the
> application is using GDI+ shipped with the application?
> Thanks, Reuven

It is best to go online to MSDN and read the documentation and associated
help articles yourself.

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]

May 10, 2007, 2:17:23 AM5/10/07
Hi Reuven,

Based on my experience, there is some problem in the MSDN document about
Bitmap::ConvertFormat method "Minimum operating systems" section. Yes, the
Bitmap::ConvertFormat method is contained in GDI+ 1.1, however, GDI+ 1.1 is
only released on Vista machine. So the "Minimum operating systems" section
is wrong.

Also, I have seen some internal discussion with GDI+ owners who confirmed
that there was strategic decision made to not redistribute GDI+ 1.1. And
GDI+ 1.1 is a system component that only ships with Vista.

I have also tried to install the lastest Vista PlatformSDK on my Win2003
machine, however, the SDK will not deploy GDI+ 1.1 to the WinSxS directory.
However, in the Vista machine, I can see the GDI+ 1.1 dll. So I assume GDI+
1.1 dll is not redistributed with Vista PlatformSDK but with the Vista OS.
So your application can only use it on Vista machine.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Community Support
ications.

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]

May 13, 2007, 11:21:31 PM5/13/07
Hi Reuven,

Have you reviewed my reply to you? Does it make sense to you? If you still
have any concern or need any help, please feel free to feedback, thanks.

ken woods

Jul 24, 2011, 10:00:47 PM7/24/11
Where & How : GDI+ 1.1 for Visual_Studio_2008