VMR9: Error 80040273 (Cannot revoke access for offline filters )

mg80s

Nov 30, 2007, 3:31:02 AM11/30/07
Hello at all,

I have a strange problem with the VideoMixingRenderer9.
I write an application, that plays videos, dvds, webcam and so on on
multiple screens.
When I use the VMR99, sometimes an error happens while rendering the graph.
The original exception is (I have to translate it from german, so it could
be a bit different):

"A instance of the Com-Object with the CLSID
{51B4ABF3-748F-4E3B-A276-C8282330E926A} could not be created by the
IClassFactory because of the following error: 80040273."

The CLSID is the VMR9, the error means "Cannot revoke access for offline
filters " (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa681711.aspx)

The error occurs within this code-block (its C# with Directshowlib):

IBaseFilter videoRenderer;
videoRenderer = new VideoMixingRenderer9() as IBaseFilter;
hr = graphBuilder.AddFilter(videoRenderer, "VMR9 " + nextVmrNumber);

I have no idea what causes this error, because it seams to work on other
systems.

I found a explanation that this error can happen when the display has just
16bit-colors, but I have 32bit.
Another idea is, that I have 3 graphiccards, and use two of them (onboard
and agp), could the multiple cards cause trouble?
Or could it be possible that I didn't released any filters or other things?
I searched for such things but have no new idea.

Matthias

Alessandro Angeli

Nov 30, 2007, 10:58:54 AM11/30/07
From: "mg80s"

> "A instance of the Com-Object with the CLSID
> {51B4ABF3-748F-4E3B-A276-C8282330E926A} could not be
> created by the IClassFactory because of the following
> error: 80040273."
>
> The CLSID is the VMR9, the error means "Cannot revoke
> access for offline filters "
> (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa681711.aspx)

How is MS Dynamics even related with DirectShow?? The
HRESULT's facility is FACILITY_ITF, which means the code is
interface-dependent. Since you are working with DirectShow,
VFW_E_DDRAW_CAPS_NOT_SUITABLE (which is what the DX error
routines, and thus DXErr.exe, return and what's in the .h
files) is a more suitable candidate than
CannotRevokeAccessToOfflineFilters. Google is *not* always
your friend, the docs are!

> The error occurs within this code-block (its C# with
> Directshowlib):
>
> IBaseFilter videoRenderer;
> videoRenderer = new VideoMixingRenderer9() as IBaseFilter;
> hr = graphBuilder.AddFilter(videoRenderer, "VMR9 " +
> nextVmrNumber);
>
> I have no idea what causes this error, because it seams
> to work on other systems.

VFW_E_DDRAW_CAPS_NOT_SUITABLE means that the Direct3D9
resources needed by the VMR9 are not available, either
because the video driver does not properly support D3D9 or
it does not support D3D9 in the current display mode or
because all the available surfaces are in use or because
hardware acceleration is disabled, whether on purpose or
because the desktop configuration requires software
emulation (e.g. rotated desktop or multi-screen desktop) or
because of several other similar reasons.

--
// Alessandro Angeli
// MVP :: DirectShow / MediaFoundation

mg80s

Nov 30, 2007, 1:47:00 PM11/30/07
Thanks a lot for your helpful answer.

Sorry for asking in the wrong context, my knowledge is a little limited..

So I will read the docs about these new aspects and try to find out what's
the reason for the problem.

Alessandro Angeli

Nov 30, 2007, 2:00:32 PM11/30/07
From: "mg80s"

> Thanks a lot for your helpful answer.

You're welcome.

> Sorry for asking in the wrong context, my knowledge is a
> little limited..
>
> So I will read the docs about these new aspects and try
> to find out what's the reason for the problem.

Save you some time: if I am not mistaken, I already told you
more than you can find in the docs on this error code and
all known reasons for it.

Geraint Davies

Dec 3, 2007, 7:44:30 AM12/3/07
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 00:31:02 -0800, mg80s
<mg...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>"A instance of the Com-Object with the CLSID
>{51B4ABF3-748F-4E3B-A276-C8282330E926A} could not be created by the
>IClassFactory because of the following error: 80040273."
>
>The CLSID is the VMR9, the error means "Cannot revoke access for offline
>filters " (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa681711.aspx)

8004.... codes are interface specific so you will sometimes find more
than one meaning for the code. In this case you probably want:

VFW_E_DDRAW_CAPS_NOT_SUITABLE