Intalls codec for video or audio

Paul

May 29, 2006, 1:14:42 AM5/29/06
Can anyone show me a sample source (project) write in c++ how to install
codec for video (audio) to system.
I am trying do it but donot know how to start, please share me if you have
sample/ advice.
Thanks for any help.

Alessandro Angeli [MVP::DS/MF]

May 29, 2006, 1:35:10 AM5/29/06
Paul wrote:

> Can anyone show me a sample source (project) write in c++
> how to install codec for video (audio) to system.

Do you mean the C++ source code of the installer or of the
codec?

What kind of codec: ACM, ICM/VCM, DirectShow filter, DMO,
something else?

--
// Alessandro Angeli
// MVP :: DirectShow / MediaFoundation

Paul

May 29, 2006, 4:18:10 AM5/29/06
Thanks Alexandro,
Yes, i mean the C++ source code. And kind of codec is DirectShow Filter.
Can you share to me ?

"Alessandro Angeli [MVP::DS/MF]" <nob...@nowhere.in.the.net> wrote in
message news:eucdkIug...@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

José Manuel Álvarez

May 29, 2006, 10:27:52 AM5/29/06

Probably you need some dll or maybe the .ax file.
I'm using regsvr32 to register the codecs. Or maybe you could use the .exe
file which comes with the codec.

Use:

sprintf(CommandLine,"/s \"%s%s\"",pbDir,"SrcFilter.ax");
ShellExecute(this->GetSafeHwnd(),"open","regsvr32.exe",(LPCSTR)CommandLine,NULL,0);

where pbDir is the path for the filter.

If you're using some filter which needs a dll the dll should be located in
the same directory as the .ax file.

Note this is not the best way to register the filters. Some of them fail but
the most are working.

Hope this helps.
Jose.

"Paul" <toanph...@yahoo.com> escribió en el mensaje

Paul

May 30, 2006, 12:16:13 AM5/30/06
Thanks José Manuel Álvarez,
Can you share me some dll (or .ax) files for filter. Or can show me links to
get these??? Then i will start my app.
Thanks again....
"José Manuel Álvarez" <jalv...@cvc.uab.es> wrote in message