How to unregister Nero 6 filters

makc.th...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2007, 2:36:02 AM6/26/07
After running into weird debugging problem I have read that the
problem was with filters silently installed by Nero. Not only they
cause problem debugging stuff (protection error / debugger detected /
access violation), but also intercept and break some formats (for me,
*.mov and *.mp4, someone reported *.wma, etc). While this appear to be
known problem, I see noone posted other solution that to uninstall
Nero or uregister its filters manually. Hence this little post. If you
have mentioned problems, copy paste everything below into new file
"nero.cmd" and run it:

cls

rem Nero Audio Sample Renderer
regsvr32 /s /u "%CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\DSFilter\NeRender.ax"

rem Nero Audio Stream Renderer
regsvr32 /s /u "%CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\DSFilter\NeRender.ax"

rem Nero Digital Audio Decoder
regsvr32 /s /u "%CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\DSFilter\NeAudio.ax"

rem Nero Digital Parser
regsvr32 /s /u "%CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\DSFilter\NDParser.ax"

rem Nero DVD Decoder
regsvr32 /s /u "%CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\DSFilter\NeVideo.ax"

rem Nero ES Video Reader
regsvr32 /s /u "%CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\DSFilter\NDParser.ax"

rem Nero File Source
regsvr32 /s /u "%CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\DSFilter\NeFileSrc.ax"

rem Nero QuickTime(tm) Audio Decoder
regsvr32 /s /u "%CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\DSFilter\NeQTDec.ax"

rem Nero QuickTime(tm) Video Decoder
regsvr32 /s /u "%CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\DSFilter\NeQTDec.ax"

rem Nero Video Decoder
regsvr32 /s /u "%CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\DSFilter\NeVideo.ax"

rem Nero Video Sample Renderer
regsvr32 /s /u "%CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\DSFilter\NeRender.ax"

rem Nero Video Stream Renderer
regsvr32 /s /u "%CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\DSFilter\NeRender.ax"

Alessandro Angeli

Jun 26, 2007, 5:42:25 AM6/26/07
From: "makc.th...@gmail.com"

> other solution that to uninstall Nero or uregister its
> filters manually. Hence this little post. If you have

I just rename "%CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\DSFilter".

--
// Alessandro Angeli
// MVP :: DirectShow / MediaFoundation

nappy

Jun 27, 2007, 9:05:28 AM6/27/07
can I ask you to elaborate on that? I am suffering from this nero problem
but I don;t understand your post.

Thanks

"Alessandro Angeli" <nob...@nowhere.in.the.net> wrote in message

Thore B. Karlsen [DShow MVP]

Jun 27, 2007, 10:00:46 AM6/27/07
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 06:05:28 -0700, "nappy" <sp...@spam.com> wrote:

>>> other solution that to uninstall Nero or uregister its
>>> filters manually. Hence this little post. If you have

>> I just rename "%CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\DSFilter".

>can I ask you to elaborate on that? I am suffering from this nero problem

>but I don;t understand your post.

If you rename the folder that contains the filters like Alessandro
suggests, they can't be instantiated, and they can't cause any
problems.

--
Be seeing you.

nappy