Peachtree 2005 on Terminal Servers

1 view

Elsa

Nov 9, 2004, 11:56:19 AM11/9/04
I would like to know if anyone has had any success installing Peachtree 2005
on TS. I have tried the install but it doesn't let more than one user into
the program simultaniously. Any ideas??

BWB

Nov 9, 2004, 2:30:04 PM11/9/04
I'm afraid that I don't have a solution, just the same problem that you are
having. I am attempting to run another application that uses the same
database record manager as Peachtree (Pervasive). Although the app is
multi-user, through Terminal Services I can only have one user.

Vera Noest [MVP]

Nov 10, 2004, 9:06:25 AM11/10/04
Tips on how to make PeachTree 8 and 9 work on a Terminal server can
be found here:

http://dev.remotenetworktechnology.com/ts/peachtree.htm

But note that this procedure does not cover Peachtree 2003, for the
following reasons:

"Recently people have asked me to update the instructions for PT
2003. I have refused. The new PT 2003 EULA Agreement specifically
prohibits using Terminal Server. Although we really wanted to
upgrade, this change in the EULA forces us to move to another
accounting package... I am not pleased with Sage at all, but respect
their right to license it as they please."

--
Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

Chad

Nov 11, 2004, 10:47:03 PM11/11/04
Modify in the registry hkey_local-software-btreive-microkernel workstation
engine-version x.xx-settings change the "home directory" string to
%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\WINDOWS

wats

Jan 20, 2005, 7:01:26 PM1/20/05
to Chad - your solution is great- it has solved a major problem with
our vpn set up - send me a private email to wat...@cyberstreet.com -
want to thank you.