log on blocked (specified domain not exist)

johanna

Jan 28, 2003, 2:25:29 PM1/28/03
After shutting down my computer the last time I have been
unable to access it at all. The WIndows log on screen
gives the following message.
THe system can not log you on due to the following error:
The specified domain either does not exist or could not be
contacted.
I haven´t changed anything at all. Can anybody help me
correct this problem please!

Thanks

Johanna

glenn

Jan 28, 2003, 10:26:16 PM1/28/03
change the logon domain to be the local computer name.
then logon using the LOCAL administrator account.