Accidental Move with Drag and Drop

Rich S.

Feb 19, 2003, 5:27:50 PM2/19/03
Hi All,
I support users with jittery hands.
Every week or so, someone moves the company's share
folders to some other location and everyone's gone nuts
when the data files are not there.

Is there a way to get the (right click confirmation pop-up
when dragging and dropping) when using the left mouse
click?

Or

To disable drag and drop. And force the users to (cut or
copy) and then paste the files they want.

I am open to any suggestion, since I cannot find a fix for
this problem anywhere.

Thanks all for any help in advance.

--Rich S.

Mike

Feb 20, 2003, 1:46:50 PM2/20/03
I finaly found it.
We had the same problem here with users draging folders by
mistake.
You can set the drag and drop or copy and paste files
confirmation prompt

Localy:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersio
n\Internet Settings\Zones\0]

"1802"=dword:00000001

AND on the intranet:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersio
n\Internet Settings\Zones\1]

"1802"=dword:00000001

Enjoy!
Mike
mtv...@hotmail.com

>.

albert....@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2013, 11:25:14 PM11/25/13
Hi Mike,

I looked in my registry but didn't find a registry file named 1802. I went ahead and created a new registry file of type REG_DWORD and put 1 as a hex value for both Zones\0 and \1 but didn't do anything, I click-drag folders into other folders on my Desktop without any prompts coming up?

Albert

3lac...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2017, 3:28:29 AM6/2/17
Hi!