Cannot Map Drives

Gary P. Hall

Apr 23, 2003, 10:57:45 AM4/23/03
When I dial in to my network, I can map drives on most
servers that I have permissions on. However, I cannot map
to workstation shared drives that I have admin permissions
on. Does anyone know why this might be?

Gary

Robert L

Apr 23, 2003, 1:44:02 PM4/23/03
sounds like cache credentials issue. try this: net use \\workstationname
/user:administrator. post back with the result.

--
For more information, go to http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services.
Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.

Robert Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Windows & Network Support, Tips and FAQs on
http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

"Gary P. Hall" <gary...@bolling.af.mil> wrote in message

Gary P. Hall

Apr 23, 2003, 2:14:04 PM4/23/03

Robert,

Thanks for responding. Here is what I got with an
ethernet connection. Do I need to try it from a dial in?

Local name
Remote name \\bd51\C$
Resource type Disk
Status OK
# Opens 0
# Connections 2
The command completed successfully

Thanks,

Gary

>.

Robert L

Gary P. Hall

Apr 24, 2003, 10:24:16 AM4/24/03
Robert,

When I tried the command using a dial-up connection, I got
system error 53 "Network path not found".

Does that help?

Gary

>.

Gary P. Hall

Apr 24, 2003, 1:30:46 PM4/24/03
Robert,

Net View yeilds the same result:

"Network Path not found"

These commands work fine if I'm connected via ethernet.
They just don't work through dial-up.

Gary

>.

Robert L

Apr 24, 2003, 3:32:45 PM4/24/03
can you ping the workstation by name? this may help. quoted form
http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech
"Network path not found" in a workgroup network - error 53

RESOLUTIONS:
1) Make sure that File and Printer Sharing is enabled on on the shared
computer.
2) Make sure that shared machine has something shared.
3) Make sure that you have created the same workgroup and logon the same
username if you try to access w2k/xp network.
4) Make sure that you have enabled NetBIOS over TCP/IP if this is a mixed OS
network.

For more information, go to http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services.
Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.

Robert Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Windows & Network Support, Tips and FAQs on
http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

"Gary P. Hall" <gary...@bolling.af.mil> wrote in message

Gary P. Hall

Apr 25, 2003, 8:08:00 AM4/25/03
Robert,

The network admins informed me that I cannot ping through
the router using RAS. I looked the the
resolutions....everyting checks out.

Gary