Thanks Robert Lin! Some more question about LAN

CM

Jan 28, 2003, 3:56:19 PM1/28/03
My LAN setting is like the folowing:

ISP -> Cable modem -> USB port on server (dynamically obtain IP from ISP) ->
Win2000 (server) ->
Network card on server (IP: 192.168.0.1) -> Network cards on clients
(dynamically obtain IP, gate way 192.168.0.1)

Does the above setting mean public ip? Do I need to setup DHCP on the
win2000 server machine? If needed, could you give me a more detailed
instruction on how to setup the DHCP or point me to some where to find such
information?

Thanks!
CM

=========================
use private ip instead public ip.

--
For more information, go to http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

Please don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services.
Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.

Robert Lin, CNE & MCSE
Windows & Network Support, Tips and FAQs on

"CM" <caom...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am using a Win2000 LAN and don't want the IIS to connect to outside of
> LAN. But in LAN, I need the IIS for web applications. How to set up IIS
for
> this? It seems IIS always tries to connect to Internet.
> Thanks!
> CM

Robert L

Jan 28, 2003, 9:48:18 PM1/28/03

assuming this is a gateway to connect to LAN and the Internet, you have many
options. 1) go to IIS>computer name>web site>default web site>properties,
select 192.168.0.1 ip instead of All Unassigned on IP Address. 2) block port
80. 3) set permission.