Routing between two network interfaces

Jonathan Beverley

Feb 10, 2003, 3:43:02 AM2/10/03

I have a 100base wired network and have just bought myself two wireless
nic's to expand my network nextdoor to share my internet connection. I have
put one wireless nic into a win2k PC that also has a 100base card in it. The
problem I am having is that the wireless side cannot ping anything on the
wired side of the network.

I have set the TCP/IP forwarding key in the registry as suggested here
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B230082 but it
has had no effect.

I have attached a picture of my setup. I have tried haveing both sides of
the network on the same subnet and diferent subnets.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

BEV

Jonathan Beverley

Feb 10, 2003, 8:44:47 AM2/10/03

Forgot the file! It on this link http://www.stumpyz.co.uk/Figure_02.gif

Cheers

"Jonathan Beverley" <bev_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Robert L

Feb 10, 2003, 9:02:49 AM2/10/03
I am assuming 192.168.1.0 is wireless network. post the route tables of
192.168.1.3 client, 192.168.2.3 client and server, this will help us to
figure out the problem.

--
For more information, go to http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

Please don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services.
Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.

Robert Lin, CNE & MCSE
Windows & Network Support, Tips and FAQs on

> Oopps, I forgot to attach the file.
>
> BEV

Jonathan Beverley

Feb 10, 2003, 10:06:18 AM2/10/03
Ive put the routing table up here -
http://www.stumpyz.co.uk/serverroute.txt

Thanks for your help.

BEV

"Robert L" <bobl...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Robert L

Feb 10, 2003, 10:16:25 PM2/10/03
1. the 192.168.1.1 dg metric should be 1.
2. where is wireless route table? or try to pathping 192.168.2.3 from a
wireless client, what do you get?

--
For more information, go to http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

Please don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services.
Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.

Robert Lin, CNE & MCSE
Windows & Network Support, Tips and FAQs on
http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

"Jonathan Beverley" <bev_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Jonathan Beverley

Feb 11, 2003, 5:52:39 AM2/11/03
Ive added the route table from 192.168.2.2 to the link below
http://www.stumpyz.co.uk/serverroute.txt

Cheers

BEV

"Robert L" <bobl...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Robert L

Feb 11, 2003, 9:46:02 AM2/11/03
1. the same question, why the dg metric is 30 or 2? it should be 1. check
the metric under tcp/ip properties.
2. where is the result of pathping?
3. OK. do the simple test, 1) type delete 0.0.0.0 command; 2) type add
0.0.0.0 mask 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1. the route table should look like
this

Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric
0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1 192.168.2.2 1

does this work?