Google Группы больше не поддерживают новые публикации и подписки в сети Usenet. Опубликованный ранее контент останется доступен.

Domain Connectivity

1 просмотр

Mangapathi

не прочитано,
8 дек. 2002 г., 09:07:1608.12.2002
Hi !!

I am using Windows 2000 Professional as workgroup &
trying to configure to login to domain :
i.e. Computer Name : itdevp, Domain: AMG , OS: wINDOWS

2000 sERVER , i am not able to login.

I am getting error message like below:

The following err occured attempting to join the domain
"amg"; The network path was not found.

Could anybody can help me.

Regards
Mangapathi

Robert L

не прочитано,
8 дек. 2002 г., 10:14:0708.12.2002
sounds like DNS. check the DNS settings.

For more information, go to http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

Robert Lin, CNE & MCSE
Windows & Network Support, Tips and FAQs on
http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

"Mangapathi" <manga...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Billy

не прочитано,
9 дек. 2002 г., 06:18:1409.12.2002
Hi Everyone,

I seem to be having the same problem as Mangapathi.
In my case, I have 2 W2K servers each on a separate box.
One is installed as a workgroup (no active directory
service) while the other is setup as
domain controller with Active Directory and DNS.

Using switched cord, I was able to enable both to see each
other, i.e can ping, access shares. Both are set to same
network.

When I try to join the workgroup system to the domain via
Network Identification->change, the workgroup machine
produced an error message saying that it could not locate
the domain which I specified.

If DNS is the cause, can you pls elaborate what is to be
set to enable logon to domain?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Billy

>.

Robert L

не прочитано,
9 дек. 2002 г., 09:39:0509.12.2002
Billy and Mangapathi,

Could you post both computers' ipconfig /all results? So that we may figure
out the problem.

--

For more information, go to http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

Robert Lin, CNE & MCSE
Windows & Network Support, Tips and FAQs on
http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

"Billy" <ch...@starhub.net.sg> wrote in message

Mangapathi

не прочитано,
11 дек. 2002 г., 03:18:0411.12.2002
Hi Robert Lin,

Pl. find enclosed file(mraoipc.txt) of my pc ipconfig.

Regards
Mangapathi

>.

mraoipc.txt

Robert L

не прочитано,
11 дек. 2002 г., 09:49:1811.12.2002
Mangapathi,

From the ipconfig, I am assuming that 1) you don't use DHCP or don't have
DHCP. you use static IP. 2) you setup DNS=192.168.1.21 and 192.168.1.18
manually. Are you sure the DNS are 192.168.1.21 and 192.168.1.18?

--
For more information, go to http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

Robert Lin, CNE & MCSE
Windows & Network Support, Tips and FAQs on
http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

"Mangapathi" <manga...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Mangapathi

не прочитано,
12 дек. 2002 г., 01:42:0312.12.2002
Hi !!! Robert

Pl. find the details of our DNS:

DNS Server is binded with Public IP Address & Private IP
Address.For
internal network we are using private ip address. ie.
192.168.1.18
Under that we have Secondary DNS : proxy , that also
binded with
Public and private IP Address, for internal network we
are using
private ip address. ie. 192.168.1.21.

We are not using DHCP & using static ip address.

Regards
Mangapathi

>.

Robert L

не прочитано,
12 дек. 2002 г., 12:36:2812.12.2002
1) can you ping DNS IP from the computer?
2) if using net view \\dnsserver, what do you get?
3) any errors on both client and dns server?
4) re-check all settings and make sure you don't have the same computer name
on AD.

--
For more information, go to http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

Robert Lin, CNE & MCSE
Windows & Network Support, Tips and FAQs on
http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

"Mangapathi" <neta...@almullagroup.com> wrote in message

Mangapathi

не прочитано,
16 дек. 2002 г., 05:29:1316.12.2002
Hi !!!

1) I can ping DNS Public & Private Ip addresses
2) a) net view \\privat ip , i am getting error : System
error 53 has occured.

The network path was not found.

b) net view \\public ip, I can see the share
resources at \\public ip
3) Client & DNS Server side, there is no errors, it is
working fine for other applications.
4) There is no confilct with my computer name or with ip
address

Regards
Mangapathi

>.

Billy

не прочитано,
18 дек. 2002 г., 21:13:0718.12.2002
Hi Robert Lin,

Sorry for the late reply.

I've attached the ipconfig /all details for your analysis.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Billy.

>.