Domain Connectivity

1 view

Mangapathi

Dec 8, 2002, 9:07:16 AM12/8/02
Hi !!

I am using Windows 2000 Professional as workgroup &
trying to configure to login to domain :
i.e. Computer Name : itdevp, Domain: AMG , OS: wINDOWS

2000 sERVER , i am not able to login.

I am getting error message like below:

The following err occured attempting to join the domain
"amg"; The network path was not found.

Could anybody can help me.

Regards
Mangapathi

Robert L

Dec 8, 2002, 10:14:07 AM12/8/02
sounds like DNS. check the DNS settings.

For more information, go to http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

Robert Lin, CNE & MCSE
Windows & Network Support, Tips and FAQs on
http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

"Mangapathi" <manga...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Billy

Dec 9, 2002, 6:18:14 AM12/9/02
Hi Everyone,

I seem to be having the same problem as Mangapathi.
In my case, I have 2 W2K servers each on a separate box.
One is installed as a workgroup (no active directory
service) while the other is setup as
domain controller with Active Directory and DNS.

Using switched cord, I was able to enable both to see each
other, i.e can ping, access shares. Both are set to same
network.

When I try to join the workgroup system to the domain via
Network Identification->change, the workgroup machine
produced an error message saying that it could not locate
the domain which I specified.

If DNS is the cause, can you pls elaborate what is to be
set to enable logon to domain?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Billy

>.

Robert L

Mangapathi

Dec 11, 2002, 3:18:04 AM12/11/02
Hi Robert Lin,

Pl. find enclosed file(mraoipc.txt) of my pc ipconfig.

Regards
Mangapathi

>.

mraoipc.txt

Robert L

Dec 11, 2002, 9:49:18 AM12/11/02
Mangapathi,

From the ipconfig, I am assuming that 1) you don't use DHCP or don't have
DHCP. you use static IP. 2) you setup DNS=192.168.1.21 and 192.168.1.18
manually. Are you sure the DNS are 192.168.1.21 and 192.168.1.18?

--
For more information, go to http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

Robert Lin, CNE & MCSE
Windows & Network Support, Tips and FAQs on
http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

"Mangapathi" <manga...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Mangapathi

Dec 12, 2002, 1:42:03 AM12/12/02
Hi !!! Robert

Pl. find the details of our DNS:

DNS Server is binded with Public IP Address & Private IP
Address.For
internal network we are using private ip address. ie.
192.168.1.18
Under that we have Secondary DNS : proxy , that also
binded with
Public and private IP Address, for internal network we
are using
private ip address. ie. 192.168.1.21.

We are not using DHCP & using static ip address.

Regards
Mangapathi

>.

Robert L

Dec 12, 2002, 12:36:28 PM12/12/02
1) can you ping DNS IP from the computer?
2) if using net view \\dnsserver, what do you get?
3) any errors on both client and dns server?
4) re-check all settings and make sure you don't have the same computer name
on AD.

--
For more information, go to http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

Robert Lin, CNE & MCSE
Windows & Network Support, Tips and FAQs on
http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

"Mangapathi" <neta...@almullagroup.com> wrote in message

Mangapathi

Dec 16, 2002, 5:29:13 AM12/16/02
Hi !!!

1) I can ping DNS Public & Private Ip addresses
2) a) net view \\privat ip , i am getting error : System
error 53 has occured.

The network path was not found.

b) net view \\public ip, I can see the share
resources at \\public ip
3) Client & DNS Server side, there is no errors, it is
working fine for other applications.
4) There is no confilct with my computer name or with ip
address

Regards
Mangapathi

>.

Billy

Dec 18, 2002, 9:13:07 PM12/18/02
Hi Robert Lin,

Sorry for the late reply.

I've attached the ipconfig /all details for your analysis.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Billy.

>.