Win2000 network

Win 2000

Oct 24, 2002, 11:01:55 AM10/24/02

I am having an issue w/ drives that have been mapped w/ a login script not
disconnecting when there has been a change. We are using hidden shares and
each time one of them has been moved or changed and even though we have
disconnect statements in login scipt they do not disconnect unless you goto
each workstation and manually disconnect drive... Can any one offer me some
help?

--
Clark J Fillinger
cl...@itguy.cc

bob lin

Oct 24, 2002, 5:04:24 PM10/24/02
disconnect the old mapping and re-logon. For more details, go to
http://www27.brinkster.com/blin2000, click tips m-r>mapping problem -
persistent connection.

--
Robert Lin, CNE & MSCE
Free TechSupport, How to and Tips: http://www27.brinkster.com/blin2000

"Win 2000" <cl...@itguy.cc> wrote in message

Win 2000

Oct 25, 2002, 8:04:27 AM10/25/02
Could not connect to your link....

"bob lin" <bobl...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Win 2000

Oct 25, 2002, 11:18:51 AM10/25/02
Got it w/ a vb script removing from registery...

"Win 2000" <cl...@itguy.cc> wrote in message

bob lin

Oct 25, 2002, 12:17:47 PM10/25/02
I clicked http://www27.brinkster.com/blin2000 and got into the web without
any problem. Any way, here are the tip:
Mapping problem - persistent connection

After you changed net use I: \\serverA\shared to \\serverB\shared in your
logon script, some windows 2000 machines are still mapping to
\\serverA\shared. The reason is that net use /persistent:yes is default
settings for NT and win2000/XP. You can disconnect the old mapping and
re-logon. That will map to \\cbgntB\shared. Also you may want to use NET
USE i: \\servername\folder /persistent:no so that next time when we change
the mapping, it will automatically map to the new settings.