Not able to see servers in Entire Network-

Puga Pargunan

Apr 21, 2003, 3:38:33 PM4/21/03
We have AD and suddenly today some of our servers are misssing in the Entire
Network- I can use the servers by IP and also by name.
DNS/WINS seems to be fine, Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

Robert L

Apr 21, 2003, 5:42:45 PM4/21/03
sounds like master browser issue. use browstat.exe to check the master
browser status.

--
For more information, go to http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services.
Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.

Robert Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Windows & Network Support, Tips and FAQs on
http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

"Puga Pargunan" <ppar...@covansys.com> wrote in message

Puga Pargunan

Apr 22, 2003, 7:29:09 AM4/22/03
Used the Browstat status "Domain" and got 3 servers as the backup browser
and a master browser.

"Robert L" <nor...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Robert L

Puga Pargunan

Apr 22, 2003, 11:29:18 AM4/22/03
I can see the shares on the server with net view,access the shares with
name, Ip and also can map using the net use command-

I can go to entire network and If I search on the computer, it finds out-
but only thing is some of our servers doesn't show in the Entire Network-

Thanks.

Puga Pargunan