Windows 2000 security

1 view

Ankit Shah

Jul 5, 2005, 4:27:26 AM7/5/05

Hi everyone, I am using my windows 2000 professional with service pack 4 as a dedicated server. I have a peer to peer network setup. I have two Windows XP Professional computers accessing Window 2000 Professional. Every time I click on the computer from my network places it is asking for a user name and password. Is there anyway to turn off that security feature. Even if I map the drive it still will not connect unless I type in the username and password. I hope there is a solution for this. I even tried add the user name and password to manage my network passwords under user names but it still won’t let me log in. Let know what I have to do to so I don’t have to have to type in the user name and password.

Ankit Shah

Robert L [MS-MVP]

Jul 5, 2005, 9:00:38 AM7/5/05
create the same username and password on the all computers or enable guest account. check this case study for the details.

can't access after disabling guest
Resolution: To share two computers, they should create a same username and password
on both computers. Related Topics. Previous Page Next Page ...
www.howtonetworking.com/casestudy/disbleguest1.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services. Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.

Ankit Shah

Jul 5, 2005, 1:01:41 PM7/5/05

How do you enable guess accounts on windows 2000 professional? Since windows 2000 professional is our acting file server do we have to enable guest account in our clients computer as well. The client pc are running windows xp pro with service pack 2.

Ankit Shah

Robert L [MS-MVP]

Jul 5, 2005, 1:20:06 PM7/5/05
only enable guest on the "server". please be informed that we don't recommend to enable the guest account for the security reason.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services. Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.

Ankit Shah

Jul 5, 2005, 2:20:43 PM7/5/05

How do you enable the guest account on the server.

Tony

Jul 5, 2005, 11:09:27 PM7/5/05
Local Security Policy under Administrative Tools..