Windows 98 can't logon to Win2K server

Robert L

Dec 5, 2002, 3:13:57 PM12/5/02
Dave,

you can ping the ip. But, can you ping computer name? For more information,
go to http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech check network troubleshooting.

Robert Lin, CNE & MCSE
Windows & Network Support, Tips and FAQs on

"Dave Lehr" <sdl...@midstatesd.net> wrote in message
> I have a network with Win2K Pro and Win98 workstations
> with a Win2K server. Suddenly all the Win98 machines
> won't allow anyone to log in. If I cancel by the login
> screen I can ping the server, access the Internet, etc.
> Using DHCP from that server and the machines are getting
> IP addresses. I've checked policies for Accessing the
> computer from the network on the server and access is
> allowed to Administrators, Authenticated Users, and
> Users. Even tried allowing Everyone and that didn't work.
> Any ideas would be appreciated.

Dave Lehr

Dec 5, 2002, 5:06:27 PM12/5/02
Yes, I can ping the computer name as well. So DNS seems
to be working.
Dave

>.

Robert L

Dave Lehr

Dec 5, 2002, 10:07:59 PM12/5/02
Error reads: The domain password you supplied is not
correct, or access to your logon server has been denied.

>.

Robert L

Dec 6, 2002, 9:56:24 AM12/6/02
Dave,

try that: press esc key to pass the logon. use net view \\servername. What
did you get? If it shows shared folder. use net use
\\servername\sharedfolder /user: administrator. can you map the network
shared folder?

--
For more information, go to http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

Robert Lin, CNE & MCSE
Windows & Network Support, Tips and FAQs on
http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

"Dave Lehr" <sdl...@midstatesd.net> wrote in message

JB

Dec 6, 2002, 8:50:21 PM12/6/02
Make sure the windows 98 usernames you are using are listed under Users on
the windows 2000 machine.

"Robert L" <bobl...@hotmail.com> wrote in message