logon scritp issue

Bob Lin

Nov 20, 2003, 5:38:01 PM11/20/03
We are running w2k server with mixed OS such as wn9x and w2k. We use
vbscript for w2k users to map the network drives and printers based on their
groups. If the users use win9x, they just do the basic mapping (see below).

Recently, the backup freezes the domain controllers (we have two domain
controllers) randomly. In this case, if the server1 is down, the logon
script will stop because of the line wscript \\server1\netlogon\logon.vbs.
Changing to the server2 doesn't fix the problem because the server2 may be
down too. Before I fix the backup problem, can I write the vbscript like "if
server1 is not available go to server2"? If yes, how? I also think using
group policy. Or any better suggestions?

REM Batch file to detect OS
REM -----------------------------------
IF "%OS%" == "Windows_NT" goto NT_OS
rem Other than Windows NT
goto WIN_95

:NT_OS
wscript \\server1\netlogon\logon.vbs
goto END

:WIN_95
net use u: \\apps1\apps1
net use h: /home
goto END

:END

Robert Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN, Anti-Virus, Tips & Troubleshooting on
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

Ray at <%=sLocation%>

Nov 21, 2003, 12:38:28 AM11/21/03
Please do not multipost.