If the computer will finish booting but you just cant see the screen, you
could try resetting the resolution "blindly".
1) Push your mouse up and to the right as if you were going to put the
pointer in the top right corner of the screen.
2) Press and release the right mouse button.
3) Press and release the "up arrow" on your keyboard and press enter.
With any luck, the "Desktop Properties" menu will now be on your invisible
4) Hold down the Shift key and presse and release the Tab key.
5) Press and release the "right arrow" on your keyboard 5 times.
This will cycle to the settings tab.
6) Press and release the Tab key 2 times.
You should now be on the "Screen Area" slider on the settings page.
7) Press the "left arrow" key repeatedly to move the slider all the way
to the left.
8) Press Enter 2 times.
With a lot of luck, your screen should become visible and you cna press "Y"
to comfirm the changes.
You may want to try this process in Safe Mode first to confirm the key
sequence, but I have successfully done this before.
@yahoo.com> wrote in message