Microsecond resolution

Vinay

Feb 19, 2003, 6:56:17 PM2/19/03
Hi all,
In order to get a microsecond delay resolution for one of
my C++ projects, I am making use of the
GetSystemTimeAsFileTime function.
I am using Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 on a windows 2000
v5 sp2.
Though the GetSystemTimeAsFileTime is supposed to have
resolution in tens of microseconds, the maximum resolution
I am currently able to get is about 10 milliseconds, from
the environment in which I am running my program. I
suspect the version of msvcrt.dll/lib that I have might be
the culprit.
How do I get the proper (of the order of 10 microseconds)
resolution? Is it a problem with my msvcrt.*, or is it
something else?
Any help, advice or suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.
Thank you,
Vinay.