VSS project size

Sout

Jan 14, 2004, 4:10:37 PM1/14/04
Is there a way I can find out the size of whole project
in VSS??? I look at an article in MSDN under Visual
Sourcesafe 6.0 automation, but it doesn't contain the size
object.

I know it's possible to find the size of an individual
file.
Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Sout

Rich Knox [MS]

Jan 19, 2004, 3:01:19 PM1/19/04
You can get file size from the SourceSafe command line. Make sure the win32
folder in your VSS install is on your path. Also set the SSDIR environment
variable to the folder that contains the srcsafe.ini file for your VSS
database. From a DOS prompt enter:
ss properties $/Project /r

to get a recursive property report. This gives you a lot more information
than you want, You can filter it some by entering:
ss properties $/ /r | findstr "File: Size:"

This gives you output looking like this:
File: $/MYFRAMEWORK/foo.txt
Size: 26 bytes 2 lines
File: $/MYFRAMEWORK/A/baz.txt
Size: 23 bytes 2 lines
File: $/MYFRAMEWORK/A/quux.txt
Size: 12 bytes 1 lines

You could write a script to parse this further and give you a total size.

- Rich Knox [MSFT]