Error 1330: cab13.cab has an invalid digital signature

Alan

Dec 14, 2007, 5:38:22 PM12/14/07
Hi All,

I have downloaded the VS 2008 Pro trial version and I'm having problems
installing it.Visual Studio installs OK but when I install the MSDN Library
for VS2008 it stops with an error message

"Error 1330: A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet
file d:\msdn\cab13.cab has an invalid digital signature. This may indicate
that the cabinet file is corrupt".

I have downloaded the file twice but I'm still getting the same error.

Please help
Alan

Phil Wilson

Dec 18, 2007, 2:05:49 PM12/18/07
See if this helps:
http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2007/12/14/how-to-workaround-error-1330-during-visual-studio-2008-installation.aspx
--
Phil Wilson
[MVP Windows Installer]

"Alan" <Alan...@treeo.com> wrote in message

DAWKCoDave

Feb 3, 2008, 7:51:29 PM2/3/08
It doesn't

DAWKCoDave

Feb 6, 2008, 6:57:00 PM2/6/08
It's unfortunate that I had to waste about 7 hours downloading and several
additional hours figuring this out, but at least it worked in the end.
Obviously, somebody needs to fix something--there shouldn't be this many
problems with a download!

Anyway--after cab18.cab and cab23.cab had invalid digital signatures in my
first download, I tried downloading the ISO image again; but this time,
cab13.cab and cab15.cab were bad. Then I realized that I could now piece
together a working image from the two downloads. (Luckily, the corrupted
cabs in the two downloads were different from each other.)

Specifically, I used Daemon Tools to mount, in turn, each ISO image
(cancelling Setup when it attempted its Autorun), and copied the files from
each ISO image to a separate folder on the hard disk. Then, I just replaced
the cab files that had bad/invalid signatures in one folder with the good cab
files from the other folder, and vice versa. (Note: this would also work
using the XP Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel.)

The result was that I had two good (working) sets of files, albeit from two
bad ISO images. Setup ran from the repaired set of files successfully.

bigtoga

Feb 8, 2008, 8:45:57 AM2/8/08
Good idea. I had the exact same thing happen - cab7.cab failed, I
downloaded new image and then it was cab23.cab that failed. I'll try
your approach if I feel like it.

I guess that, with VS2008, we get the same "quality" of installations
that we did with SQL 2005 and VS2005 :(

Jingk...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2008, 1:33:51 PM3/26/08

I meet this problem too.

I think there must be something wrong with microsoft's download
server , or why many people face the same problem?

Message has been deleted

NPe...@hillingdon.gov.uk

Oct 4, 2013, 9:02:58 AM10/4/13
I had this issue with another applications

Error 1330 : A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file <Network Location>\Data1.cab has an invalid signature. this may indicate the cabinet file is corrupt. Error 266 was returned by WinVerifyTrust.

Seems similar!?

This is on a Windows XP machine that I have no updates on as I am using it to package.

This had been resolved by installing 'Windows Installer 4.5'

not sure if the same solution will work for you?

vult...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2016, 11:26:55 PM1/31/16
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinTrust\Trust Providers\Software Publishing] "State"=dword:00023c00

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinTrust\Trust Providers\Software Publishing] "State"=dword:00023c00