VS.NET 2003 Macro Editor does not start - shows "No such interface supported"

Mike Domashchenko

Feb 23, 2005, 4:24:18 PM2/23/05
The problem:

Macro Explorer window shows the tree with Samples and MyMacros and allows me
to expand nodes under Samples but whenever I pick some macro and try to
invoke editor by selecting Edit from the context menu, all I'm getting is a
modal dialog saying "No such interface supported".

I've done some debugging and found out that this happens when the IDE tries
to create a VsaIDE.DTE com object and then tries to query it for
IServiceProvider interface, which it doesn't seem to support. I checked the
object with OleView and it doesn't list the interface for that class either.

Is there any chance this problem could be fixed?

Best regards,
Michael Domashchenko

Carlos J. Quintero [.NET MVP]

Feb 24, 2005, 7:01:57 AM2/24/05
- Open a .NET DOS command prompt and type:

devenv.exe /setup.

This resets the IDE.

- If that does not work, you will have to repair the VS.NET Installation.

--

Carlos J. Quintero

MZ-Tools 4.0: Productivity add-ins for Visual Studio .NET
You can code, design and document much faster.
http://www.mztools.com

"Mike Domashchenko" <mv...@noemail.nospam> escribió en el mensaje

Mike Domashchenko

Feb 24, 2005, 11:47:11 AM2/24/05
Well, neither option fixed the problem.

Any other ideas?

Best regards,
Michael Domashchenko

"Carlos J. Quintero [.NET MVP]" <car...@NOSPAMsogecable.com> wrote in
message news:u7VglimG...@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

Mike Domashchenko

Feb 24, 2005, 12:28:57 PM2/24/05
OK, I've solved the problem by registering actxprxy.dll in the system32
directory of my Xp.

I still have no idea about what caused the problem.

Best regards,
Michael Domashchenko

"Mike Domashchenko" <mv...@noemail.nospam> wrote in message