RE: VS.NET 2003 Hangs opening or creating a web project on local machi

help@discussions.microsoft.com needs help

Apr 21, 2005, 1:22:02 AM4/21/05
I am having same problem with same setup as you.

Your post is a week old now, have you found a solution?

"Derek Diamond" wrote:

> I am running XP SP2 and V@.NET 2003
> Suddenly I am unable to open or create web projects on local machine.
> I can create or open web projects on remote machines.
>
> This is really holding me up. I have tried reinstalling IIS and no help.

Derek Diamond

Apr 21, 2005, 5:08:02 PM4/21/05
No solution yet!!!

andrew hamilton via DotNetMonster.com

Apr 28, 2005, 1:10:34 PM4/28/05
Same problem here. I have reinstalled IIS, .Net Framework and VB.NET, but
still hangs when creating a web project.

andrew hamilton via DotNetMonster.com

Apr 28, 2005, 1:09:03 PM4/28/05

Ted Hale

May 2, 2005, 5:35:32 PM5/2/05
Hey everyone. Spent some time with Microsoft (4 hours) and finally found
the solution to my problem with creating ASP projects:

Using a diagnostic utility from Microsoft we discovered:
The following threads in
inetinfo.exe__PID__2672__Date__05_02_2005__Time_04_27_25PM__485__IIS Hang
Dump.dmp are displaying a message box. The call to display the message box
originated from bmnet!WSPStartup+1474.

The text of the message being displayed is:

The program [C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe] caused a problem and
is going to close. Would you like to save a dump file?

The recommedations section reads:
Server-side applications should not have any UI elements since they are
supposed to run without any user intervention. Moreover, service
applications run in non-interactive desktops, so no one can actually see the
message box and dismiss it. This causes the application to hang.

Please follow up with vendor Bytemobile, Inc. for problem resolution
concerning the following file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\bmnet.dll.
Bytemobile was the culprit and was installed along with Cingular's
Connection Manager. Once removed VS.NET worked like a charm. Of course for
those who use it will need some sort of fix...

"Derek Diamond" <DerekD...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message