gacutil in post build event: return code 9009

David

Jul 16, 2005, 1:15:02 PM7/16/05
If I call:

gacutil /if <assemblyname.dll>

from the command line, it reports "assembly successfully added to the cache."

But if I put the same line in a post-build event in vs2005 beta2, the post
build event fails and returns error code 9009. I googled and msdn'ed gacutil
9009 and found nothing. Does anyone know what's going on?

Furthermore, if I call:

gacutil /u <sameassemblyname.dll>

from the command line, it reports "no assemblies found. . ." Yet if I look
in Windows\Assembly, the assembly is in there.

Is there a bug in VS2005 gacutil, or could this have something to do with
the fact that the assembly is delay-signed? I added a verification skip entry
with sn -Vr for this assembly.

Taisuke Yamada

Dec 27, 2005, 10:52:59 PM12/27/05
Try calling gacutil using complete pathname.

I heard VS ignores PATH environment unless spawned with certain command-line
option, so I guess this is a feature.