Visual Studio 6.0 side-by-side with VS.NET

Akshay

Jun 4, 2002, 10:43:35 AM6/4/02
Hi all,

I have VS.NET and Visual Studio 6.0 installed side-by-side.
I am working with unmanaged code in Visual Studio 6.
If I encounter an error there, I'd like to debug using Visual C++ 6.0,
but the JIT debugging t pops up allows me to debug only
using the newer VS.NET environment and shows only that
in the list of available debuggers. Is there a way to include VC++ 6.0
in the debugger list ?. Is it possible to debug using Visual Studio 6.0
when installed side-by-side with VS.NET.

Thanks,
Akshay

Renaud Paquay [MS]

Jun 4, 2002, 8:51:19 PM6/4/02
Akshay,

There is an undocumented (and unsupported) option using "vs7jit.exe". The
default location is
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\vs7debug\vs7jit.exe

To register VC6, type this:
vs7jit.exe /RegisterOld "<path to msdev.exe>" "<arbitrary display name>"

For example,
vs7jit.exe /RegisterOld "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\Common\MsDev98\Bin\msdev.exe" "VC 6"

To unregister, use this:
vs7jit.exe /UnregisterOld "<path to msdev.exe>"

Cheers,
Renaud

"Akshay" <aks...@somefakemail.co.in> wrote in message

Akshay