Changing default font size in Visio 2007

Anja

Jul 9, 2007, 9:20:01 AM7/9/07
How do I change the default font size in Visio 2007?

I have looked at the entries made and found one that was a possible solution
to my problem. This entry was made 08/21/06, and mentioned that you can
change the theme color scheme and effect scheme.

Unfortunately the only option that I was not able to locate was the sizing
of fonts. Am I missing something? Or is there another way of doing this?
--
Regards,

Anja

Barb Way

Aug 1, 2007, 4:24:04 PM8/1/07
There is no option in Theme Effects to force a default text size in a
drawing. Objects (shapes, text boxes, embedded images, etc.) all store the
font size as an attribute, so there really is not a 'base size' to set
anywhere.

Are you looking for a tool to adjust the size of all objects relative to
their current size (such as taking all fonts from 8 point to 10, from 10
point to 12, etc.)? That could be done through programming, but there
isn't a UI method to do so.

Similarly, each template incorporates stencils where the shapes are preset
to a specific font/size. If you are seeking a way to set the default font
in a new drawing, you will need to set the attributes of the shapes in your
stencils for the specific template you want to use.

Barb Way
Product Support - Visio
Microsoft Corporation