VS Installation

SACoull

Nov 13, 2005, 9:53:02 AM11/13/05
Can Virtual Server 2005 standard be installed onto a machine with more than 4
physical processors ?

i.e. If it was installed onto a machine with 8 processors will it only use 4
or will the installation fail ?

Jonathan Maltz [MS-MVP]

Nov 13, 2005, 7:12:23 PM11/13/05

Yes, like Windows, that's the way it will work

--
--Jonathan Maltz [Microsoft MVP - Windows Server - IIS, Virtual PC]
http://www.visualwin.com - A Windows Server 2003 visual, step-by-step

"SACoull" <SAC...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Ben Armstrong [MSFT]

Nov 13, 2005, 8:21:58 PM11/13/05
Actually - no. Virtual Server Standard Edition will block installation
if there are >4 processors in the computer.
--
Cheers,
Benjamin Armstrong

You assume all risk for your use.