Eacfilt driver must be enabled on interfaces

Face-off

Apr 2, 2006, 5:07:02 AM4/2/06
I just installed Microsoft Virtaul PC , now my Nortel VPN client doesn't
work. I get the following error even after re-installing the VPN client:

Eacfilt driver must be enabled on interfaces(s):
Nortel IPSECSHM Adapter, HP WLAN 802.11a/b/g W500, Braodcom NetXtreme
Giabit Ethernet.

I have already restarted my computer couple of times.

Any experience with this?

Ben Armstrong [MSFT]

Apr 2, 2006, 6:40:08 PM4/2/06
Virtual PC and Nortel VPN both install network filter drivers - which
can be problematic. I would check to see if there are any updated
versions of Nortel VPN that you could try.
--
Cheers,
Benjamin Armstrong

You assume all risk for your use.

Face-off

Apr 4, 2006, 10:18:01 PM4/4/06
Thanks Ben

Just to let you know, I am using V05_01.103 version of Nortel Contivity VPN
client.

Face-off

Apr 9, 2006, 3:01:01 PM4/9/06
any update???

Ben Armstrong [MSFT]

Apr 9, 2006, 11:59:18 PM4/9/06
No - I have no idea about Nortel VPN versions. If you can't find a
newer version that fixes this problem you should probably call Microsoft
support.

Raj

Dec 9, 2006, 7:36:31 PM12/9/06

I had my pocket pc connected to the machine (active sync) when I got this error. After I disconnected my pocket pc , I was able to successfull y connect to my work network via nortel VPN - just FYI - If you are doing anything similar - any other devices connected - you may want to disconnect and try VPN again.