Hardware virtualization switching off after sleep

bs.s...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2007, 6:33:04 AM6/7/07
After a clean boot, I can enable Hardware virtualization in VPC. But
after the host PC goes to sleep I find that the option is greyed out,
and I cannot use my VPC saved state. I've seen comments elsewhere
about this - is it a problem with VPC, Vista (Home Premium), or my
motherboard?

brian smith

Robert Comer

Jun 7, 2007, 9:08:46 AM6/7/07
That appears to be a bug in your system BIOS. You can check for
updates, but you're probably going to have to ask your motherboards
manufacturer about it.

Either don't use Sleep, or disable virtualization in the BIOS is about
all you can do until the BIOS gets fixed.

--
Bob Comer <Microsoft MVP Windows - Virtual Machine>

bs.s...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2007, 10:15:10 AM6/7/07
Thanks Bob - since its an HP/Compaq, I'll pester them...

brian