Ordinal 6758 Not Found and the Link/Loader

Noloader

Jun 13, 2003, 3:58:41 PM6/13/03
Hi group,

I have a program that is dynamically linked to MFC42u.dll (unicode
version). When the program is run from a app server, I receive the
following message:

'The ordinal 6758 could not be located in dynamic link library
MFC42u.DLL'. It happens in both UNICODE and non-UNICODE (and non-MBCS)
builds.

If I copy the program to the local machine, it runs fine.

Does anyone know what this ordinal is? I'd be happy to reimplement the
function in my program - if I knew what it was/is.

Jeff

CheckAbdoul

Jun 13, 2003, 4:20:09 PM6/13/03
Ordinal 6758 in MFC42u.DLL is

CDateTimeCtrl::GetTime(class COleDateTime &)const

Take a look at the mfc*.def files under the mfc\src\intel directory.

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ]

"Noloader" <nolo...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Jeffrey Walton

Jun 14, 2003, 2:37:12 AM6/14/03
"CheckAbdoul" <check...@nospam.mvps.org> wrote in message

| "Noloader" <nolo...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| > Hi group,
| >
| > I have a program that is dynamically linked to MFC42u.dll (unicode
| > version). When the program is run from a app server, I receive the
| > following message:
| >
| > 'The ordinal 6758 could not be located in dynamic link library
| > MFC42u.DLL'. It happens in both UNICODE and non-UNICODE (and non-MBCS)
| > builds.
| >
| > If I copy the program to the local machine, it runs fine.
| >
| > Does anyone know what this ordinal is? I'd be happy to reimplement the
| > function in my program - if I knew what it was/is.
| >
| > Jeff

| Ordinal 6758 in MFC42u.DLL is
|
| CDateTimeCtrl::GetTime(class COleDateTime &)const
|
| Take a look at the mfc*.def files under the mfc\src\intel directory.
|
| --
| Cheers
| Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ]
| -----------------------------------

Hi Check,

Thank you very much.

I am using the Date Picker in VC++. The class that uses it is derived from a CDialog.

Do you have any thoughts on why the constructor would fail on a network run, but not
the local machine? I am using VS 6.0 Enterprise, WinNT 4.0 SP6.a. It also happens on
Win2000.

If I statically link, I break the program in another way (I use Printer Dialog derived
classes - and receive a fatal exception at memory reference 0x00000002, since the
static link does not carry along the dialog resources).

I was hoping this was a trivial fix, but...

Jeff