Drag and drop between views

FFMG

Aug 30, 2001, 4:58:12 PM8/30/01

Would anybody know where I could find some code for 'drag and drop' between
two views, (one is a listctrl and the other is a treeCtrl).

Many thanks
--
FFMG
Please remove _NOSPAM in email address for reply.

Bill Cheng (MS)

Aug 30, 2001, 11:49:39 PM8/30/01

We have two methods to implement the “drag and drop” feature between two
Windows:
1. Process the WM_DROPFILES message.
2. OLE Drag & Drop to Drag.

For method 1, refer to the following link:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/Shell/Messages/WM_D
ROPFILES.asp

Q83543 DragDrop.exe - Implementing the Drag-Drop Protocol
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q83/5/43.asp

For the method 2, check the following:
Q135299 SAMPLE: Using MFC OLE Drag & Drop to Drag Text Between Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q135/2/99.asp

Q288929 SAMPLE: FileDragTest.exe Drags and Drops File in and out of App.
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q288/9/29.asp

Q86270 Implementing Drag-Drop Insertion of OLE Objects
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q86/2/70.asp

Q185572 HOWTO: Get Dropped File Names Using OLE Drag and Drop
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q185/5/72.asp

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Bill