Problem with new window creation from CHtmlView

Liina

Jan 27, 2004, 8:11:18 AM1/27/04
Hello guys,

I am really hoping some one could give me some pointers.

I have an application that uses CHtmlView. It is just a browser, it
actually has several views attached to it. My problem is following:
when a user clicks a link on the webbrowser part of the app, a new IE
window appears. This would be fine! But this IE window doesn't receive
users login information (users are logged on the webportal) so that
new window is useless!

So, I would need to pass "hidden" login etc. information that window!

I already found a reference (Microsoft Knowledge Base-artikel - 184876
HOWTO: Use the WebBrowser Control NewWindow2 Event) where they (to my
understanding) create a new window of the original app (instead of IE
window) when OnNewWindow2 is called. I do not want that, I have
components in my app that allow just one window to exist.

Is there any way to start IE under my webbrowser process? Or pass its
"memory" to IE?

Hope you understand my question. I am not a pro at MFC programming, so
hope you have patience.

/Liina

Igor Tandetnik

Jan 27, 2004, 12:03:07 PM1/27/04
"Liina" <ginag...@luukku.com> wrote in message

> I already found a reference (Microsoft Knowledge Base-artikel - 184876
> HOWTO: Use the WebBrowser Control NewWindow2 Event) where they (to my
> understanding) create a new window of the original app (instead of IE
> window) when OnNewWindow2 is called. I do not want that, I have
> components in my app that allow just one window to exist.
>
> Is there any way to start IE under my webbrowser process?

Yes - it's described in KB184876 you quote

> Or pass its
> "memory" to IE?

None that I know of.
--
With best wishes,
Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Liina

Jan 28, 2004, 4:31:59 AM1/28/04
"Igor Tandetnik" <itand...@mvps.org> wrote in message news:<#e3pseP5...@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...

> "Liina" <ginag...@luukku.com> wrote in message
> > I already found a reference (Microsoft Knowledge Base-artikel - 184876
> > HOWTO: Use the WebBrowser Control NewWindow2 Event) where they (to my
> > understanding) create a new window of the original app (instead of IE
> > window) when OnNewWindow2 is called. I do not want that, I have
> > components in my app that allow just one window to exist.
> >
> > Is there any way to start IE under my webbrowser process?
>
> Yes - it's described in KB184876 you quote
Well, in that case I am not understanding the reference right, or not
modifying it properly. The KB184876 says:
"In an SDI application, this frame would appear to the user to look
like another instance of the application."
No! This is not what I want. I want an IE, not another copy of my
application.
Is that possible?

Igor Tandetnik

Jan 28, 2004, 9:18:28 AM1/28/04

I'm afraid not. Session cookies are maintained on a per-process basis.
If you start a new IE instance in a separate process, you can't have it
use the same session state.