Terminal Emulator Window Screen Scaping

Jeff

Jan 14, 2005, 3:50:16 PM1/14/05
I have a project where I need to screen scrape the text from a Terminal
Emulator Window.

The problem that I have found is that the Window itself has a handle but
the area where the text actually is doesn't.

Has anyone done something like this? If so, would you provide me with a
basic overview of what you did?

Thanks,
Jeff

Tim Robinson

Jan 15, 2005, 2:35:30 PM1/15/05

The TS client window is just one big window. Anything within that is
graphics received from the TS server. Even though you may see windows
that exist on the server, the client doesn't know about them.

--
Tim Robinson (MVP, Windows SDK)
http://mobius.sourceforge.net/

David Lowndes

Jan 15, 2005, 6:35:49 PM1/15/05
>I have a project where I need to screen scrape the text from a Terminal
>Emulator Window.

Jeff,

What's the emulator product?

Many such products provide some programmatic means of extracting their
text - check with the product vendor.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Tim Robinson

Jan 15, 2005, 6:53:35 PM1/15/05
Tim Robinson wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
>
>> I have a project where I need to screen scrape the text from a
>> Terminal Emulator Window.
>>
>> The problem that I have found is that the Window itself has a handle
>> but the area where the text actually is doesn't.
>>
>> Has anyone done something like this? If so, would you provide me with
>> a basic overview of what you did?
>

> The TS client window is just one big window. Anything within that is
> graphics received from the TS server. Even though you may see windows
> that exist on the server, the client doesn't know about them.

Please ignore all that -- I misread the word "emulator" as "services"... :$