Visual C++ 2005 Add Class dialog script error

Dave Calkins

Feb 17, 2007, 7:49:48 AM2/17/07
I'm using Visual C++ 2005 and have added a dialog to my project. As usual,
I right-click the dialog and select "Add Class". When it tries to open the
Add Class dialog, it pops up a script error: "Line 814: Object doesn't
support this property or method". I tried using the MS Script debugger to
see what the problem was.

I found the solution. I had gone into IE6 and disabled a bunch of AddOns
recently. Specifically, I had disabled the WizCombo addon, which is listed
as an unverified AddOn from Microsoft. This WizCombo AddOn is necessary for
studio's Add Class wizard dialog. I had a warning about a spyware addon and
had disabled that and thought it best to disable the WizCombo as well since
it was listed as unverified. Well, this was a bad move because, despite it
being unverified, studio needs it.

Just wanted to post this in case someone else ran into it as well. Its up
and working again now.