Google Группы больше не поддерживают новые публикации и подписки в сети Usenet. Опубликованный ранее контент останется доступен.

Enumerate open files

7 просмотров

Tim Rude

не прочитано,
8 нояб. 2002 г., 10:31:4308.11.2002
Is there an API function that will allow you to enumerate which files the OS
considers 'open' at the moment?

I need to do this on Win9x/ME machines.

Scenario: Peer-to-peer network running Win95/Win98SE/WinME machines. One of
the machines opens files across the network on another machine. Then the
machine that opened the files crashes, or the network connection is lost, or
whatever. The files stay open on the 'server' and can't be accessed until
it's rebooted.

I want to write a utility to display the list of 'open' files, what machine
and what program has them open, and allow selected ones to be forced to
'close'.

Any ideas?

--
Tim Rude

tim...@NOSPAM.hotmail.com
(remove NOSPAM. for correct email address)

[Please reply via the newsgroup so all can benefit]

Ken Halter

не прочитано,
8 нояб. 2002 г., 10:49:4208.11.2002
I have no idea whether or not any of these will help... you probably already
did the search yourself.... but...

Here's a google subset... none in VB though :-(

This one suggests the NtQuerySystemInformation api...
Subject: Re: Count of open files in Windows
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&th=61ef6235f2443a30&rnum=10

Subject: Re: Open Files
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&th=5a425d783f11ff3d&rnum=7

Subject: FAT32 API
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&th=8c1e7806912255ea&rnum=17

--
Ken Halter - MS-MVP-VB - Please keep it in the groups..
http://www.vbsight.com - http://www.vbsight.com/MultiColumn.htm
"Tim Rude" <tim...@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message

Tim Rude

не прочитано,
9 нояб. 2002 г., 00:19:5909.11.2002
Thanks Ken. Yep, I did do a Google search before posing the question. I find
it hard to believe that there isn't a regular API call for this. It seems
like such a basic thing.

--

"Ken Halter" <Ken_Halter@Use_Sparingly_Hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I have no idea whether or not any of these will help... you probably
already
> did the search yourself.... but...
>
> Here's a google subset... none in VB though :-(

<snip>

Monte Hansen

не прочитано,
10 нояб. 2002 г., 04:16:4210.11.2002
Not in Window's, unfortunately.

Look on the bright side; in Netware, you had to write an NLM that hooks the
opening/closing of every single file and maintain your own list. Now picture
10 services that all have a system-level hook and all asking for the same
thing :-)

Monte Hansen
http://KillerVB.com

"Tim Rude" <tim...@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message