Help with SP-2 Install

Briamor

Mar 29, 2009, 8:25:32 PM3/29/09
Whenever "Automatic Updates" clicks on, it starts to download, and install
(for my Windows XP Pro)
XP "Service Pack 2" (XP SP-2)

After a minute or so it downloads fine.
Then it starts installing it.
After about 4 mins. a sign pops up, "ACCESS DENIED"

Then it proceeds to uninstall what it was just installing. (SP-2)

I have alot of updates that need to be installed,and none of them will
install unless my computer has "Service Pack 2" already installed on it.
Such As: Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player, Safety updates, Service
Pack 3, etc....

Does anyone know why I can't get "Service Pack 2" to install on my
computer?
Whats "Access Denied" mean, and how can I fix this?

I remember a few years ago (maybe this'll have something to do with my
problem), I had a program that wouldn't run on Windows XP Pro, it needed to
have a "Fat-32" File System, so I downloaded some propiatory software, that
switched my NTFS to FAT-32. Could that be the problem? or does everyone that
uses Windows XP Pro, have it set to Fat-32?

File System "Fat-32"

Please Help

Bruce

İlknur Neşe Tuncal

Apr 2, 2009, 4:11:27 PM4/2/09
I suggest you to apply this workaround on the link below:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377

Although it is about sp3, you can apply the same method for sp2.

Also, i suggest xp sp3 in spite of sp2. You can install sp3 without
installing sp2..

Regards,
INT

"Briamor" <bri...@optonline.net>, haber iletisinde şunları