SuperSocket info: (SpnRegister) : Error 1355.

1 view

Szoke

Jun 13, 2001, 9:04:42 AM6/13/01
Hi !

Everytime I start SQL server, it gives the following Event:

"
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSSQLServer
Event Category: (8)
Event ID: 19011
Date: 6/13/2001
Time: 3:00:04 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SZOKELOCAL
SuperSocket info: (SpnRegister) : Error 1355.
"

Ok, I now, it's only a warning, but what does it mean ?

Smulovics Peter
--
http://www.theater.hu -- Theater Online -- Theater Online -- Theater
+==----------- -- - -+ http://erdely.ini.hu +- - -- -------------==+

Dinesh.T.K.

Jun 13, 2001, 10:21:57 AM6/13/01
Smulovics Peter,

Iam reproducing my reply to a similar post a couple of days back...

On startup SQL Server tries to write to the Active
Directory, and register the SPN (ServicePrincipalName or service name. The
warning indicates that it could not contact the Domain Controller to
accomplish this. Error 1355 is: The specified domain either does not
exist or could not be contacted. This should not be a problem as SQL does
not rely on the Active Directory and I dont believe this error cause any
problems with connectivity to the server.

Dinesh.