Vista and reporting services ?

Colin Robinson

Feb 1, 2007, 8:06:03 AM2/1/07
I have Vista installed from Msdn pre release but i cant install sql2005
reporting services (sql2005 dev edition). I keep getting the warning
message that IIS is not installed or available.

I have enabled IIS and the default web site is running. what do I need to do
to get reporting services enabled ?

Colin R

Wei Lu [MSFT]

Feb 1, 2007, 10:36:01 PM2/1/07
Hello Colin,

Please first make sure you installed the SQL Server 2005 SP1 and installed
all the options for IIS.

Then, you will need to make changes in the control panel > Admin Tools >
local security policy > local policies > Security options > and enable User
account control: behavior of the elevation prompt for admins in admin
approval mode.

SQL Server 2005 SP2 will provide the fully support of Vista RTM.

Sincerely,

Wei Lu

Microsoft Online Community Support

ications.

rights.)

Wei Lu [MSFT]

Feb 7, 2007, 4:43:48 AM2/7/07
Hi ,

How is everything going? Please feel free to let me know if you need any
assistance.