prevent export data from report

James Luetkehoelter

Jul 15, 2004, 12:04:04 PM7/15/04
In the RSReportServer.config file, there are sections to
exclude rendering formats. You can also add the
value "visible=false" to the IMAGE Rendering extension. I
guess if you wanted to get rid of TIFFs altogether, you
could remove the rendering extension from the config file -
- I've never tried that though.
data format for report? I want to prevent user to export
data for some reports to tiff format.

>Thanks.
>
>Aleš
>.

Bruce Johnson [MSFT]

Jul 15, 2004, 4:40:11 PM7/15/04
Modifying what renderers are available is done in the RSREportServer.config
file which is located at %PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL\ReportingServices\ReportServer. You have two options: Hiding or
Disabling a render.

Hiding a renderer
This approach simply removes it from Report Manager's export dropdown.
Reports can still be rendered by the hidden renderer via URL access or the
SOAP API. To hide a render you will need to add a Visible="false" attribute
to the render you wish to hide. In your case your will need to hide the
Image (this is the Tiff renderer) extensions:

<Extension
Name="IMAGE"

Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ImageRenderer.ImageReport,Micros
oft.ReportingServices.ImageRendering"
Visible="false" />

Disabling a render
This approach will cause an exception to be raised when attempting to export
to it using URL Access or the SOAP API.
If this is what your need to accomplish all you have to do is remove the
Extension from the Render subtree in the RSReportServer.config file.

--
Bruce Johnson [MSFT]
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services