Urgent........rollback updated query

Manju

Jun 14, 2007, 6:11:10 AM6/14/07
Hi All,

please let me know if there is any way i can rollback the update
query? i am using sql server and my auto commit option is on.........

please help...

Razvan Socol

Jun 14, 2007, 6:14:14 AM6/14/07
Hello, Manju

If you are using the FULL Recovery Model, then you can make a
transaction log backup now and restore at a point-in-time (but you
need to consider if there are any other valid modifications made by
other users, after your update). If you are using the SIMPLE Recovery
Model, you cannot do this.

Razvan

Manju

Jun 14, 2007, 6:20:54 AM6/14/07

I belive i am using the simple recovery model..... so there is no way
i can rollback the changes ?

Tibor Karaszi

Jun 14, 2007, 6:30:02 AM6/14/07
If you are in simple recovery model, you need to go back to your most prior database backup.

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp

"Manju" <narend...@gmail.com> wrote in message

vt

Jun 14, 2007, 6:32:02 AM6/14/07
Manju,

if the auto commit option is on then the sql server might have already
committed the update. what you can do now is,
If you have database backup;then you need to restore that backup on another
database, compare the live db and restored db generate the rollback record
from the restored db
Another way is, you need 3rd party transaction log file reader application;
like lumigent log explorer; that can read the log file and generate the
rollback record

Hope this help

regards

VT
Knowledge is power, share it....
http://oneplace4sql.blogspot.com/

"Manju" <narend...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Manju

Jun 14, 2007, 6:49:39 AM6/14/07
Thanks for ur relply, can any one tell how to get the log file so that
i can restore the data?

Tibor Karaszi

Jun 14, 2007, 7:22:50 AM6/14/07
As mentioned, you need a 3:rd party product (I've listed some at
http://www.karaszi.com/SQLServer/links.asp). But it will most probably not help you since your
recovery model is simple, so the modifications are probably not available in your log file anymore.

"Manju" <narend...@gmail.com> wrote in message

vt

Jun 14, 2007, 7:27:25 AM6/14/07
Manju,

Transaction log file is part of the database. to find out the location of
the transaction log file run sp_helpfile sp.
You need 3rd party apps to read the transaction log file. the best one is
lumigent log explorer, but this will cost you fortune to buy

regards