Aggregation function None is not allowed in Standard edition

Roger

Oct 20, 2006, 11:20:02 AM10/20/06
On my development machine, I initially installed SQL Server 2005 standard
edition. When I attempted to add a measure with Aggregation function of None,
I got the error message when processing - "Aggregation Function None is not
supported in Standard Edition". Obviously I cannot install the enterprise
edition on Win XP. But, I install the developer edition. But, when I go to
process the cube again, I still get the same error message. Any ideas how to
tell VS 2005 to recognize that I have the developer edition and not the
standard edition.

Chris Webb

Oct 20, 2006, 12:24:02 PM10/20/06
Hi Roger,

Have you set the Deployment Server Edition property appropriately on your
project?
http://cwebbbi.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!7B84B0F2C239489A!856.entry

HTH,

Chris
--
Chris Webb, MVP
Analysis Services and MDX Consultancy: http://www.crossjoin.co.uk

Roger

Oct 20, 2006, 12:38:02 PM10/20/06
Thank god!!!!!! That worked!!!

Mahesh

Nov 29, 2006, 10:32:00 AM11/29/06
Roger:
I am having the same problem when I try to set the Aggregation function to
'Sum". I did check the Deployment Server Edition and it is set to
"Developer". However, the full SQL Server is not loaded on my local machine.
I am only using the Enterprise Manager I believe. Could it be that the
Deployment Property is not set correctly on the server to which I am
deploying I cube?

Thanks for your help!

Mahesh